Autographs

Cubs Convention Insider
Administrator
Tell us about the autographs you were able to get and the ones you would like to get.

Re: Autographs

Cubs Convention Insider
Administrator
It will be some time before the list of players appearing at the convention will be made public but it sure seems like there won't be too much to get excited about this year.

I suspect that the lines for Castro, Rizzo and Samardzija will all be long, despite their down years, but who else on the current roster is going to have much of a following?

Also, it sure would be nice if they would bring in a fresh set of retired players.  See Wish List for our suggestions.

Frankly, I have not been less excited about the Cubs baseball in my lifetime than these last couple of years.

Although for the convention, a crappy season makes for a much less crowded hotel...

Is there much to be excited for at the convention this year?

Re: Autographs

Cubs Fan 23
I am really hoping for some new blood in the set of retired players there this year. I would love to see Shawon Dunston, Randall Simon and Kenny Lofton but any different retired players would be great!!

Re: Autographs

Cubman15
I'm glad that Derrick Lee and Mark Prior will be there this year.  I have a game used bat of Derrick's that I would like to get signed as well as a drawing that my sister in law did of him.  I have already had drawings of Starlin Castro, Mark Grace, and Ron Santo signed.

In regards to Prior, I just got a game used jersey of his as a Christmas present. It was already signed, but it would be nice to get an additional inscription on it.

As far as some other autographs are concerned, I have game used bats of Gary Matthews, Starlin Castro, Bobby Dernier, and Dwight Smith that I would like to get signed.  I also have a Kerry Wood game used jersey that I would love to get signed!

By the way, do you guys think it's about time that the Cubs made amends with Sammy Sosa and brought him to a convention?

Re: Autographs

Cubs Convention Insider
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Sounds like you have a bunch of nice game used memorabilia - you should post some pics of the drawings your sister has done.

I agree regarding Sammy Sosa - despite how he left the Cubs, I think the fans would welcome him back with open arms.  He was a lot of fun to watch when he played here.

He was a lottery pick one year and they had him up in a special room.  When I asked him to personalize his signature on my 8x10, he refused, politely indicating that it would take too long and would not be fair to the folks waiting behind me.  This explanation, ironically, probably took more time than it would have to just personalize the signature but oh well!

Re: Autographs

Cubs fan
Dunston is a coach for the Giants, so he probably wouldn't be attending a Cubs Convention any time soon. I've gotten his autograph at spring training in Arizona.
Don

Re: Autographs

Don
Does anyone know anything about the fan diners the cubs used to have? My wife went to one in 1982 at Mc Cormick Place and got autographs from Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, and Jack Brickhouse.